Cheap Gear

Best and cheap do not go together.Theres best money can buy,and also best for the price.And theres cheap <--thats a whole different category

Sorry couldnt help my self :D

well what is the best stuff that is cheap? not the best stuff overall, but the best stuff that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

A dollar figure would help. In Sweden an arm and a leg will run you about $10,000 but in Mexico I could get you an arm and leg by 3:00PM for about $40.

A Good Observation - )Pinachi

Pinachi said:
Best and cheap do not go together.

You can't do things in a cheep way and expect quality results that only comes from using the best made equipment which is always expensive.

Hotdogs are not made from Prime Rib Stake.

Attachments

• hotdog.jpg
    hotdog.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 27
  • stake.jpg
    stake.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 24
ok, i guess ill try to help you out... it really depends on what kind of music you make but according to most people on these forums, a great preamp for you money is the M-Audio DMP3... it is real clean, will cost you about $160, you cant go wrong... if your looking for a little "warmth", try the Electro-Harmonix 12ay7 Mic Preamp, will cost you about $180... other great preamps a little more costly are the Grace 101, Groove Tubes Brick, and FMR RNP (all around $500)...
as far as monitors... try the Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 monitors M-Audio BX5 and a sub, M-Audio BX8, Event TR8 or TR6, or the KRK monitors... they are all in the $300 - $600 price range...

your welcome...

i'm recording amatuer hip hop and rap. i basically need really cheap monitors and a decent preamp. i'll take a look at that m-audio dmp3.

EDIT: i also need good cheap headphones and a stereo headphone amp or something that i can connect multiple headphones to.

thats good man... i do rap too... im getting an E-H 12ay7 pre soon, if i were you thats what i'd be doing... im also getting Event TR8 monitors, and for headphones i am currently using Sennheiser HD-280 headphones... probably the best there is for the money...

Back