Cheap EQ pedals... which ones are any good?

clntgn

Let me start off by saying that I only record at home and at school (taking audio production classes in college). I don't really care if the pedal is road worthy or not. I'm fairly careful with my equipment, so breakability isn't too much of an issue unless it is made out of paper or cardboard.

I don't gig. I'm not in a band. I haven't been in a band and probably won't be for quite some time because I've never found one that worked the way I wanted to.

The thing is, I don't want to spend more than forty dollars on an eq pedal. There are about two pedals in this range. One by behringer and one by danelectro. I'm planning on making more money eventually, but I'd like something to just tide me over until that point. I won't be making any money until I get my AA.

Are there any mid to lower price ranged pedals that people have tried or reccomend, or should I just honestly go for the $100 dollar pedals? I'm just trying to be careful with my money right now because of books and crap, so if there's something cheap, that works, and isn't going to add a whole bunch of extra noise.

My equipment (as of today, I just got two amps and a new guitar):
83 custom fender strat
G&L ASAT telecaster semi-hollow
60s ward airline amp
Dr Z MAZ-18 amp

I dunno if that'll help much, but some stuff sounds different through different equipment.

If those are your only two options due to money factor go with the danelectro over the other brand(I just can't bring my self to type that manufacturers name).

Back