cheap amps

My recommendation would have been

if it's for country, to wait until you can afford a better amp. Something like, oh, let's say, the hand-wired Hendrix model Marshall stack.

I say this because it would probably take you years to be able to afford it, thus sparing the world, in at least a miniscule way, from any more country music.

:D

And GJ

if you ever need anything I've got in order to play out somewhere, or for recording, just let me know.

I'd like to hear your ambient stuff sometime, too. We might be able to collab on something.

Hey guys

So with little money on hand in the studio fund... Or more to the point no money to spend in the bank....

What are some decent cheap amps to look around at?

I think I am gonna have about $50 to spend at the most...

Marshall MS-2 Mini Amp for about $45 new. Decent clean and pretty good overdriven tone. They do record well also. Here's some clips of it in action.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=633883&songID=5832503
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=633883&songID=5780211
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=633883&songID=5814298

roland micro cube...ive seen one for $70...not much less but they are excellent...the 15 is pretty good as well (and can sell on c'list for not much more) but the bigger ones sound crap for some reason...dunno why

roland micro cube...ive seen one for $70...not much less but they are excellent...the 15 is pretty good as well (and can sell on c'list for not much more) but the bigger ones sound crap for some reason...dunno why

lol, i was thinking since i seem to like this little one i should look into the bigger ones, glad you posted that thanks:) as for the little ones i saw prices from i think around 70 up into the low hundreds on ebay and i thought that wasn't bad. i wonder why the big ones sound like crap?

anyways thanks, i think i'll get the cool little bugger:D

Guitar Junkie, (if that IS your REAL name), you haven't told us what you need the amp for.
Is it purely for recording?
Are you planning on jamming with a drummer, or just another guitar buddy?

I'd just get a Line 6 Toneport or an M-Audio Black Box or similar modeling/interface device if recording is you only concern.

Remember this, the more features they pack in an amp, the less quality sound you get (per $$$)
This is not always the case as there are exceptions, but generally speaking....

Keep an eye open on ebay too. Something like a little Peavey will end up going for less than $50 shipped. You can always try to look for something small and solid state (Checkmate, Airline, Alamo) as no one wants them but they sound better than a lot of stuff today.

Oh geez this is an old thread!

My use of an amp has changed a few times since then... Needless to say my brother gave me back my late 70s Champ saying it was broken:rolleyes:

I plugged it in turned it on and waited for the tubes to warm up... Thirty seconds later I was rocking out with it... I replaced the tubes and let it go at that... I think what he thought was broken was that the lamp had burned out on it :cool:

If I need something with more effects I can always borrow my father in laws SCXD :D

Most everything I am doing with an amp is live right now but I may well record a little electric guitar on the new album we have coming out, if so I will need to buy another electric guitar since I got rid of all the ones I had:o

lol i just got my fender back from a long pass through relatives and have no amp, it worked out tho because when i had it i kept pawning it to survive and may have lost it forever if they wouldn't have taken it from me, and when he got back from the war he needed it to survive? i don't know, but now i have it back with no money and no amp

on thanksgiving he said he still has the nice big Fender or Peavy forgot which one and would borrow it to me but can't afford the gas to get there, so lol

i have these big dreams of a 5150III but until then i thought the cube would be alright? hope so because i just ordered a white one from ebay last night:D

Back