Channel strip & insert, pre or post

sbrady

I use Cubase for audio post. I have a project I do every month. Its a Spanish show. The lav mics go from super quiet to super LOUD. I heavily compress the voice. I use Vocal Rider as in insert. When I put the Strip FIRST, and vocal rider comes after the channel strip, very often, the Insert goes back to being BEFORE the channel strip, all by its self. Why does this happen. How does this happen. What can I do to make Channel strip stay on the left side of the channel strip window and keep strip PRE inserts.

Any help on how I can make the Insert the STAY AFTER the channel strip would be appreciated.

I'm not sure what you mean - You mean the position of Vocal Rider Changes? - The positions of the plugins are stored with the workspaces - So the plugins always open at that same position that are saved in the global workspaces - The trick is to open all plugins and move them to the positions you want - Then close them - And now save the workspace - Next time the plugins open at this positions.

I'm not sure what you mean - You mean the position of Vocal Rider Changes? - The positions of the plugins are stored with the workspaces - So the plugins always open at that same position that are saved in the global workspaces - The trick is to open all plugins and move them to the positions you want - Then close them - And now save the workspace - Next time the plugins open at this positions.
I mean the TAB, in the screenshot, the STRIP is BEFORE the Insert. So the STRIP will compress FIRST, then Vocal Rider will do its thing AFTER whatever the channel compressor does. I'll be working, then the Insert TAB will be on the LEFT, all by itself. Why would it do that. I have to keep clicking the PRE button. I want the inserts after the strip.

Attachments

• strip or insert.png
    strip or insert.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 5
I mean the TAB, in the screenshot, the STRIP is BEFORE the Insert. So the STRIP will compress FIRST, then Vocal Rider will do its thing AFTER whatever the channel compressor does. I'll be working, then the Insert TAB will be on the LEFT, all by itself. Why would it do that. I have to keep clicking the PRE button. I want the inserts after the strip.
I don't see the channel strip nor Vocal Rider in your picture.

Back