Changing .wav to MR8 format

bsr2002

Denny Crane
If someone sends you a .wav over the internet can you convert it so your MR8 can play it back and you can add track?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Doubt it. I needed to bounce tracks digitally and then put the mixdown on my ipod then through the ipod recorded it onto one track using a guitar cable.

Your best bet would be to connect your headphone out from your computer to your MR8 and press record and play the wav to its entirety wallllaa your wav file is on your MR8.

converting it from a .wav to an mr-8 file doesn't make sense. An Mr-8 file is a wav file.

I had mixed results getting .wav files onto the mr-8, but a trick I would use is this:

Open up a new project file... record like 9 seconds of silence onto track one. press stop. Plug the MR-8 into your computer. Open up that project file. Find the track where you recorded the 9 seconds of silence. Move your .wav file in there, and rename it that EXACT filename... should be something like MR00033 or some bullshit file name. then delete the old one.

When you open up your file back on the mr-8 it should work.

Let me know if you have a problem.

I had mixed results getting .wav files onto the mr-8, but a trick I would use is this:

Open up a new project file... record like 9 seconds of silence onto track one. press stop. Plug the MR-8 into your computer. Open up that project file. Find the track where you recorded the 9 seconds of silence. Move your .wav file in there, and rename it that EXACT filename... should be something like MR00033 or some bullshit file name. then delete the old one.

When you open up your file back on the mr-8 it should work.

Let me know if you have a problem.

Back