Changing vst/vsti parameters in cubase sx3 with MIDI keyboard

rnelson

Hi everyone,

So today I got an M-audio Axiom 61 MIDI controller/keyboard. I've been fiddling with it all day and slowly setting it up in cubase. I can use all my vstis without a problem and am in the process of configuring the keyboard to control a lot of my cubase parameters. I basically have two questions.

1)How can I assign controls in my keyboard to specific vsti parameters? For example if I wanted to mess with the LFO rate of a soft synth, how can I assign one of my hardware knobs to it and avoid using my mouse?

I thought this was done with remote mapping, but it seems that this cubase function only allows me to assign my keyboards knobs and faders to cubase parameters only and not vstis.

2)I also have a question about the generic remote fucntion in cubase. Im using this to slowly configure my keyboard to control cubase. My question is, can I assign the same knob to different parameters by using a different midi channel?

Thing is, there are a billion parameters in cubase and the keyboard doesnt have quite that many knobs,so for example if I set the keyboard to channel 1 and assign 8 faders to the volume of the first 8 mixer tracks, can I still assign those same faders to the pan function of those tracks but in a different MIDI channel? hence if I change the midi channel in my keyboard I would be controlling different things with the same knobs and sliders. Is this possible?

Any help is very appreciated, Im VERY, VERY new to midi.

Thanks!

Back