changing the hard drive on a VS-1680

SN

I know someone who has the VS-1680 and wants to replace the internal 2 GB hard drive with something bigger. The hard drive is a standard 2.5 inch IDE drive, like those used in computer laptops. A new 10 GB drive can be bought for roughly $350 canadian so the upgrade seems worthy.

I was wondering if any of you have already done this and is so, how does such an upgrade affect the Roland warranty? (his is still on the original 1 yr warranty)

Also, can any computer technician do this is does it have to be a certified Roland technician at a certified Roland service center?

thanks

I find out

This what I found out from the Roland tech help:

>The VS-1680 can support up to 16 gigs of internal drive space partitioned into 8 partitions. If a larger drive is installed only 16 gigs will be accessable. Current laptop-style hard drives meet the specs required for the VS-1680. If you want the exact specs you can get them from the Roland US web page at http://www.rolandus.com <

---

The installation does have to be performed by Roland Certified techs for the waranty to remain valid.

Back