Changing Sound Cards with SX 3

Mach5

Quick question...

I have both a SoundBlaster X-Fi soundcard as well as an RME Multiface PCI card in my computer. I just installed Cubase SX3.. and it automatically started using the Soundblaster card rather than the RME. Can anyone please tell me how to to find where I can select which interface to use in the program?? Thanks....

did you already remove the old card? it's not a good idea to run two cards simultaneously just as running onboard audio with a pci card is bad.

From the devices menu go to the device setup and select VST Audiobay. Select your audio hardware driver from the Master ASIO driver menu. That will add it to your devices list. Select your devices list to open your driver for your MME settings. Click control panel button and adjust the settings as recommended by MME.

Click the "Release ASIO Driver in the Background" on the VST Audiobay page.and make sure that any other audio application accessing the hardware is set to release the ASIO driver. You may also want to activate the Direct Monitoring checkbox and RTFM :)

Back