Changes

New song....Have a listen please

[CHANGES]

Nice guitars. I would double up the vocals, particularly at the bridge....your guitars sund nice and full, think your vox could do with a push. Maybe take the drums down just a tad...the first bar of drums sounds a bit weird to me, but it could just be me.

More good guitar riffs and tones. Drums sound pretty cool too. I like the guitar riffs after the verses :cool: The "changes" (lol) throughout the songs keep it interesting... :cool:

Thanks ofr checking it out guys!
Heres the story.

The song is a very good friend of mines song.
I recorded it for him here at the studio.
I only played the drums, bass, and the Grungy sounding guitar on the tag part.

He played all other guitar, and vocals.

The arrangment was all his, so I dont have a good answer for why there is not lead solo. He is a very accomplished guitarist so it would have been easy, but I guess he didnt feel the need for it.

Drums... I am still searching for "the" drum sound that I like.
I am very new at playing drums, and worrying about getting a good recorded sound. But I am trying.

Thanks again to all who have listened so far.

The bass sounds kinda boomy and could use some top end. The bass drum is pretty much non existant except I here it some in the middle section of the song. Pretty good sound overall.

hummm... 83 views, and 7 replys and comments, I was hoping for more:confused:.
Oh well, maybe it will get better today.
Cheers all!

I love the song!! Excellent writing, arranging, performance, recording and mixing. Not a lot to nit pick about.

Bad ass sounding song in my opinion...the bridge and chorus make me feel all dirty..

Good intro...grabs the attention of the listener

I like the "loneness" of the vox in the verses...There's a lazy feel to Jeffreys voice..sorta smooth and creamy with just enough edge to not be boring lazy and grab ya with emotion....some back-up vox would give it some fatness in the right places, intertwining it with the higher energy the song takes on in it's "changes"

The guits ..got some hot dark rhythm going on there....and give the song a lot of emotion and drive..damn I love the tone! They got some rockin' going on...a quickie guit solo beginning at 2:11..changing to a lead-fill during the bridge verse would be good ...and a screaming-lead-fill backdropping the vox in the "chanting" chorus would just set it all off....but that is just me...and I'm just a dipshit...:D:eek:

You did a nice job on the drums Tracey....a tad more pop on the snare in the kick-in parts?....(nice job with the tuning)

I like the bass line and on my system it isn't boomy ...BUT that of course doesn't mean it isn't...what I hear adds a darker dirty to the dirty parts and provides a rich pallet for the clean parts..excellent playing...

...and I DO love the way this song goes from clean to dirty and then finishes clean...CHANGES....heh

Got yourselves a rockin' song that I hear as a hit one!

Kudos Tracey and Jeffrey!!!:cool:

Nice song. The drums sound pretty rough and there's several slight timing flaws. Hats and cymbals sound kind of harsh and brittle. No noticeable stereo image to the kit. Kick lacks some power and the snare sounds kind of lifeless, but not too bad. Toms sound pretty good. Guitars sound pretty good - although maybe a little upper-mid scratchiness. I think they can be smoother. Bass could use some definition and kind of gets lost in the kick/guitar sludge. Vox sound pretty good although they seem really dry.

I think the song is pretty good, and the rockin breakdown in the middle is an awesome touch. Almost sounds Velvet Revolver-ish. The slower parts are kind of repetitive. These are just my personal opinions. Overall I like it. I'd just like to hear it with a little more "polish". Maybe "bigger" sounding. Good job overall. :)

Back