Change of flavor

soundprizm

Alright, I'm posting something of my own here. I've posted some other stuff of my band a while ago, but none that I have done soley. This song has no vocals at the moment. I want to see if I need to re-record before I lay down the vocals. Plus, I suck. Can't sing. hehe... Doesn't hurt to try though. This one is a bit darker than most of the songs I've seen posted here. All critique is welcome, and wanted.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/soundprizm/singles

first, the tune is a good one.. the intro riff is very Pantera sounding.. then it goes back into it around 1:30.. I can almost hear Phil whispering something sick.. :)

I heard some tuning issues, and some minor timing issues.. minor.. the sound is also a bit lo-fi sounding.. not much highs.. It could sound crisper, but I wouldnt over do it..

definitely repost this when you lay the vox.. I like it..

yeah, do something to the mix, before u lay some vox. it sound's"muffled"?? this is the pot calling the kettle black:D i wish i could be more indepth:rolleyes:

this is gonna be a good one!!!!!!!

peace

rick

Thanks for the replies guys. I will definetly repost when it's done. I'm gonna go and redo the whole thing. I know there are some minor timing issues, not sure about the tuning though. I am a drummer ya know, but I can get some pretty good licks comin off my axe. :D I'm not sure I get what you guys are trying to say by it sounding muddy. Maybe the speakers I'm mixing on are showing to much hi's. They are Cerwin Vega DX1's. Thanks again for the replies. :)

Back