Chainsaw

TMS

Hi guys,

Would be great if you got some spare time to listen to my track and maybe throw a short feedback on how does it sound on your monitors :)
Any feedback is welcome and will be very much appreciated.

-No singing
-Bass
-Loops
-150 Bpm

Regards,
TMS

Last edited:
Very cool, was it recorded or programmed? My single biggest problem would be that its an incredibly quiet mix. I had to really turn my monitors up to hear the song. Also, I personally feel there's a little depth lacking. Maybe a bit of a richer low end to the bass and kick?

Am I right in thinking the Pan automation is going crazy? haha or are my ears just making it sound like its bouncing from left to right? I think it works well here anyway.:)

Reactions: TMS
Thank you for your feedback, TheAquired :)
Im mixing with my headphones which gives an extra lowend when listening back.
Getting the monitors would be great advantage, have to wait a bit.
I might have left the output fader down before exporting, could be the reason for the track being so quite. Thank you!
I used loopmash in cubase and recorded each "instrumetnt" on separate audio tracks.
The bass is real :)

I thought it was going to be Sympathy For The Devil for a minute.
It's fine - could use a little volume.
If you mix with h/phones get some neutral ones.

Thank you rayC for your feedback!
Pleased to meet you!!

I really did leave the stereo out volume down :)
I brought a bass a bit up too.
The link is updated with the new mix.
I hope to get the monitors soon for all the good reasons.

The bongos have got a lot of room sound on them that doesn't work so well, I think. I don't get why that is, because they're a loop, right? Did you put some kinda convolution reverb on them?

I like the groove a lot. I think you can bring up the bass, though. Since it's the main voice playing off the percussion.

Cheers, dobro

I value your advise. It let's me to take a look at the parts I don't/did not pay much attention to.
Bass... I don't know. I leave it as it is.
Why?
I guess it's too live compare to other digital "recording"... :)

On my last mix I added a reverb on kongos. Wanted to put them apart from other loops.
Would be great to hear on what system did you audition my mix ;)

Last edited:
I listened to it on KRK VXT8s in a treated room, only mildly under the influence of alcohol. I listen to a lot of stuff on my system. I think rather than wonder about what system I used to audition your mix, you might do better to wonder whether I've spotted some things you need to address in the mix. ;);)

I listened to it on KRK VXT8s in a treated room, only mildly under the influence of alcohol. I listen to a lot of stuff on my system. I think rather than wonder about what system I used to audition your mix, you might do better to wonder whether I've spotted some things you need to address in the mix. ;);)

Cheers to that, dobro :)
I did wonder about things you spotted and changed them.
I ask about monitors, because I want to get them for myself real quick, just cant decide which one.

Ah, sorry to be so shirty with you, then. If you're shopping for monitors, get the best you can afford and if you can afford it, get 8s rather than 6s. 6s never seem to bring out enough low end to hear what's going on.

No worries, dobro! No hard feelings :)
My Beyerdynamics DT-880 headphones reaches down to 5Hz.
Lovely sounding, but ears are getting tired real quick!
I cant consider how low is enough for the monitors - 40Hz, 50Hz, lower?

This is really cool. It made me think of Leftfield and I wondered whether the title came from the waveform in soundcloud looking like a chainsaw blade. The change-up works well where the guitar part (?) comes in and I like the relationship between the bass and the drums. Nice textures.

If I were to change one thing it would be a proper ending rather than a fade out. It may just be me though as I always find fade-outs a bit unsatisfactory.

Thank You for your feedback and time to play it back robgreen.
Im glad you find it cool :)
You are right about questioning the "guitar part",
I wish I had the skill to play the guit so fast and record that, instead of using midi :)
I wanted to make ending as dull and stubborn as possible.
Like nothing is going to change anyway...

thanks again!

Back