CEP v2.1 Update - Anybody Else Download?

AudioMaverick

http://www.syntrillium.com/download/download.html?37

For those who haven't downloaded it, yet, the above link is from Syntrillium (16.5MB). And, it has a few really decent things packed into it.

My favorite one is the Suround mixer windows (Ctrl-E) in Multitrack mode. It doesn't hav ethe encoder section, but it creates the 6 wave files necessary for it. I bought a suround receiver and enjoyed making 5-speaker mixes.

The NR is also improved to create few artifacts at higher levels.

To find all the changes, go into HELP and search on *New Feature*

Anubody else have this update? What have you found?

I've been using it, but so far only for tracking and arrranging. Every change I've encountered so far has been an improvement over 2.0 - each improvement I've noticed is a small thing, but add them up and it makes for a more useful and pleasant experience.

downloading now...questions

so let me get this straight...when I run this setup it will simply upgrade my previous version of cep correct?
Also, can surround mixes be burned to cd via some other format?

thanks
dlv

"so let me get this straight...when I run this setup it will simply upgrade my previous version of cep correct?"

It'll upgrade from 2.0 automatically, yeah. It won't upgrade from 1.2 unless you pay them the difference.

awesome...

that's great news!
So anyone know if it's possible to burn a surround mix to a standard cd?
thanks..
dlv

Not only am I not an expert, I'm not even involved in surround, but I thought that at a minimum you needed DVD to deal with surround - DVD audio for surround, DVD video only does stereo.

stuff n' junk

a DVD Video can play stereo, DD 5.1 surround, and DTS 5.1/DTS EX 6.1 formats thus far (i haven't listed them all), and DVD audio of course plays their audio in 5.1 or stereo at a much higher sampling/bitrate. The DVD Audio also has the Album in DD 5.1 or DTS as well for those of us without the cash for a DVD-A player..and even a PCM Stereo track sometimes.

I was pretty sure that it took a DVD to record something in surround (or i've heard of some experimenting with VHS tapes?) But I was wondering if there was a way to burn a surround track to the CDR media using different formatting than standard CD Audio? For those of us who might not have the cash for DVD-R/RW.

dlv

Back