ceiling treatment

chippyd

I am building a control room 10 x 17 foot and I am thinking of laging the ceiling with rockwool (rw2) between the joists and not using any plasterboard.

Above the rockwool will be chip-board or MDF, making the room not so tall. 5 foot above this ceiling will be the real ceiling.

If I do it this way what would be the best way to treat the walls in the room.

Is this the best way to go?

Daz

Actually, a higher ceiling would give you better, more even modal response in that room. You say you want to lower the ceiling by 5 feet - what is the total height available to you now?

If you can get a 12 or 13 foot ceiling in that room the modal response would be very even, lessening the need for any other drastic treatments... Steve

I was going to make the walls 8 foot high so the ceiling joists would site on top of that. The reason I was thinking 8 foot is this is the size of the plaster board for the walls and also there is a window at the top of the space that I didn't want to be in the control room.

If I did stay with the 8 foot hight what about the 10 foot wide space arcoss the room could I move this size to give a better modal response?

Daz

Back