cdrw 750

hotel2tango

does anyone know what these are like? i have a chance to get one pretty cheap from a friend. i'm looking to use it to mix down to. will it be good for doing that?

It's good!

I've got one and it comes in handy to make quick mixes among other things, but let's talk about mixing since you were asking about that. First, there is no memory so mix goes directly on the cd. This means you cannot undo, rearrange, level, edit, etc. your mixes after the recording. However, on a rewritable disk you are able to erase with limitations. Second, there are some handy tools to make the recording start and stop automatically, there are analog and digital leveling tools and a digital fade in/fade out. Also, it's got analog and digital I/O. All in all, it takes some learning to get to know how to use (and at what stages during the mixdown) to use these. What else? Ah yes - sound quality: Personally, I think it's very accurate. During playback what I hear from the monitors comes out the same as what I hear during recording with the exception the sound "crispens" somewhat but just a little bit. It's the same effect as back then when I was used to listening to only cassette and vinyl and later got enough money to get my own stereo system with CD-player. I think I was 14 then and now I'm 30 - buhuuhuu. Anyway, the sound is OK. My friend needed to put some promotional stuff on CD. He had mixed it down onto a revox b77. After the recording we a-b:d the results and then there was absolutely no difference. The sound coming out of the cdrw 750 rocked as much as it did on the original recording medium. So to sum up: you can mix down on it, it's easy to use and the sound quality is good. :)

Back