cdrll vs. rackmount cdr?

MO ELEMENT

it's time to backup data and burn discs from the vsr880!

i finally got the cash but which one to buy?

anyone have experience with either of these roland products?

thanks in advance,
mo element

Get the Plextor...it's like the CDRII but it's half the price. I'm not sure of the exact model number, but someone here will. If no one here knows the model number, then check out www.vsplanet.com .

Hope this helps!

Darth

I have the CDRII and it works like a dream. For over six bills, it ought to. If you decide on the CDRII, take Darth's advice and go the Plextor route. I only know of one person who has the rack-mountable one, and he's had problems with it.

Hope this helps.

MC

I'm not as familiar with the vsr880, but I know that the following Plextor drives will work on the vs1680, vs2480, etc. according to many on vs planet:

12/4/32s SCSI External (PX-W1210TSE/SW)
12/10/32s SCSI External (PX-W12432Te/SW)

These drives have been discontinued by Plextor, but you can still get refurbished ones from them. However, Plextor did not have the 12/4/32s in stock when I called on Friday. I ended up ordering a 12/10/32s and expect to get it by the end of this week. Plextor's prices are $194 and $225 respectivelyfor these drives.

You can find them on ebay cheaper ...

The Roland recorders are limited to recording at 4X, for a good reason, but remember that. You don't have to get the fastest drive, unless you're going to be using it with your computer also. Maybe a little off topic, but I thought it might help!

Darth

Back