cdr media and 2488 burn speed

sugarloaf

Any opinions on best cd-r for burning most error free master on my original 2488 for submitting for replication? So far I've only tried Sony, Memorex, Memorex Music. Maxell 32x music. I was ok with Memorex until I ran into a batch that wouldn't play on my truck stereo. So I went to Memorex music which solved that problem. Some say I don't need MAM-A Gold Audio Master if SCMS isn't an issue but the 1-12x speed rate intrigues me. I have been unable to confirm the speed of the 2488 burner but by timing it I guess it at2-4x. How much bearing does this have on the media I choose? I just tried the Maxell and to me it may sound a bit more transparent but mid-rangey than the Memorex, but that could be imagination. I have found a way to re-record and remaster my first master to a more commercial level. But I want to make the best most error free disc to submit to a manufacturer. In general if it sounds good is it good or can the ear not detect these c1,c2, cu errors? Has anybody experienced hearing a dramatic improvement by switching to MAM-A ,Taiyo-Yuden,Falcon, lower speed rated or gold archival discs?

Back