CD pressing/Duplication

StarvingEyes

Anyone have any tips on where to get our CD pressed and packaged professionally? Maybe 500-1000 discs. Everything i've seen has been 1,000-1500$...which is understandable.. but just curious if anyone has any personal experience with cheaper but still great cd packages.

thanks in advance.

for short runs of 100 CD's, i've used Disk Faktory a few times. pretty good job and price, but they don't send you proofs of the artwork, which could be a problem.
i've also used New England Compact Disc once. they did a good job, and sent art proofs. slightly more expensive than Disk Faktory.

but if you are looking to press 500-1000 copies, i'd say just go ahead and have 1000 CDs made for $1000 from one of the larger companies such as Disc Makers.

I used Disc Makers....did the artwork myself. 1,000 cds...got a small discount because my drummer's dad does business with disc makers. It cost between 1,000-1,400 but it was well worth it. It looks great. I don't have experience with anyone else though. With disc makers, you get a lot of free memberships and whatnot...so check into what disc makers offers as well as other companies and choose what you will benefit from.

Mindset said:

I've used Oasis a few times. They do some cool stuff like help you get on Amazon and CDBaby, though it probably wouldn't actually be that hard to do that on your own.

The thing I've learned though playing only 3 times a month at dive bars and smaller type clubs is that 100 CDs last a long long time. DiskFaktory gets about $250 as I recall for 100 CDs. We sell 'em for $10 at first then for $5 when we want to get rid of a batch. Still plenty of profit.

But if you can really move enough product to warrant purchasing 1,000... need a bass player?

check out www.discmakers.com

my uncle's band had 1000 CDs pressed, and just ordered 1000 more. they also did the cover art and stuff, and it came out great and they did it FAST.

they have tons of other little features you can get, too.

Last edited:
discmakers.com seem to have some great options. I used them a long time ago and they were great. Now they offer even more!

Back