cd burning software

philboyd studge

Any reccomendations?

I can't use anything Roxio/Adaptec makes cause it conflicts with a really old version of cd creator I need because I worked up a lot of cd layouts in their format. Roxio no longer offer support for my version so I can't update to a driver for my Plextor burner.

In my opinion CD architect is certainly top notch:) The most inclusive CD composition program I have ever used for audio:)

MadAudio said:
What's you price range? CD Architect is excellent.

I don't know, I don't need a lot of fluff, editing and such, just something that reliably makes CD's out of my wav files. How much is CD Architect?

Damn, neither SF 8 or CD Architect will run on my OS - windows ME. If I upgrade the OS I lose a bunch of software and applications.

My advice: cdrdao (I think I suggested cdrecord to somebody yesterday, but that would be a goof on my part). I haven't used the Windows port, but I've run it on FreeBSD, Linux, and Mac OS X. It should be solid.

Basically, you drop all the files in a folder, create yourself a fairly straightforward text file (a "TOC" file) telling the order of the tracks, file names, and so on, then run it on the file. You can specify subcode options like CD TEXT/ISRC codes, pregap and postgap, etc. It's capable of doing pretty much anything that's legal within the CD spec (and a few things that probably aren't...). You can even control the data written in the pregap and postgap to do things like hidden tracks.

The best part of it is that it costs absolutely nothing. Free. With that in mind, I can't see why anyone would willingly pay money for CD burning software. :D

For more information, go to http://cdrdao.sourceforge.net.

(Note: I am not affiliated with the cdrdao project in any way apart from filing a couple of esoteric hardware-specific bugs.)

dgatwood said:
My advice: cdrdao (I think I suggested cdrecord to somebody yesterday, but that would be a goof on my part). I haven't used the Windows port, but I've run it on FreeBSD, Linux, and Mac OS X. It should be solid.

Basically, you drop all the files in a folder, create yourself a fairly straightforward text file (a "TOC" file) telling the order of the tracks, file names, and so on, then run it on the file. You can specify subcode options like CD TEXT/ISRC codes, pregap and postgap, etc. It's capable of doing pretty much anything that's legal within the CD spec (and a few things that probably aren't...). You can even control the data written in the pregap and postgap to do things like hidden tracks.

The best part of it is that it costs absolutely nothing. Free. With that in mind, I can't see why anyone would willingly pay money for CD burning software. :D

For more information, go to http://cdrdao.sourceforge.net.

(Note: I am not affiliated with the cdrdao project in any way apart from filing a couple of esoteric hardware-specific bugs.)

Thanks. I downloaded it but don't know what to use to read or open the file.

Back