CD burner software advice

swatsds

American Sympathizer
I'm getting shitty results with Nero and other software burners. Nero doesn't specify too many options, like what the sample rate is. I assumed they'd just leave it alone. I didn't select the "normalize" option.

I have tracks that are in 48000 khz and 44100 khz (16 bit) and they all sound considerably worse. There's definately more of a treble in the sound than the original mix.

One song of mine features a lot of static and high pitched noises. It just sounds like complete fuzz once burned.

It makes you wonder why commercial songs are burned just fine, but not your own shit. I'm technically a newbie to these things.

Bottom line; I need a good CD burner that works and gives near-perfect results. And it has to be free. :o

Any help is quite appreciated.

I don't know how your CD software would do all this to your stuff unless somewhere you have enabled an option that tells it too. More likely you either have a bad burner, bad discs, or a CPU config issue (IDE issue). Also, are you listening to the burned CD's on other sytems when it sounds wierd? Or are you listening to it through the same setup that you mixed it through. If it is sounding like that on other systems and you have not listened to the CD itels through the same system that you mixed it on, than you may just have a bad mix.

I believe CD's are looking for 16bit 44.1khz. I tried burning at 48khz a long time ago when I first started burning. It gave me results like you are describing.

I would get your mixed down wave files into 16-bit 44.1khz BEFORE even opening the CD Burner Program (such as Nero, which is what I use). Then you just open Nero, drag the files into the Burn list, and hit the burn button.

Yeah, CDs must be 44.1K/16bit. That's their format.

But if you want to try another free CD burner just to prove it to yourself, try CDBurnerXP Pro. Just do a searc for it on the 'net.

G.

Back