CD burner problems

AbuseTheMuses

I recently got a Tascam HD16CD-FX from ebay. It is a mixing workstation style all-in-one kind of console with a built in burner. So claims to be able to make audio CDs all in one package. It did this in fact and they can play (albeit at low volume but that's probably my fault) in some car stereos, and some home entertainment players... but not all of them. I tried to play it on my computer and it can only read the first track. My girlfriends computer, which uses Win XP instead of Vista like mine, could read it just fine though.

Is the recorder writing software just outdated? The reason I guess this is that it won't recognize anything but the first track on my newer OS computer, but it reads just fine on her old OS computer, which dates right around the time when this recorder was new. It is a few years old, so I wonder if it is a problem with my windows, some setting on my windows, my recorder, or just technology creeping up on my old bought-used stuff...? Any thoughts? I thought redbook code was universal but I guess not.

yeah it specifies whether i want to write it as a "finalized" audio CD (which I did) or if I want .WAV files or just a data backup. The Audio CD works fine on her XP, just not on my Vista where it still, wierdly, can read the first track, just wont recognize the rest.

Back