CD Burner Copies?

Tim2

Is it possible to make, lets say 50 or 100 copies from a CD Burner or should that many be sent to a duplicator, if time isn`t a factor, and will they have the same quality as presed ones? Thanks Tim2

The technique for manufacturing commercial CD's is different from those produced from a CD burner. Commerical CD's are pressed from a glass master, whereas the copies from a burner are produced by a laser.

However, the digital data contained on the CD should be of the same quality - assuming both were mastered the same.

If you have the time, it will be cheaper to to do them yourself (i.e., just the $.50 or $.75 you pay for the CD). But you will have no printing on the CD itself, no cover or tray art, and no shrink wrapping.

Depends on what you want to use them for. But if cost is the only issue and you're not concerned about appearance, burn them yourself. You won't "hear" any difference (again assuming the same mastering process).

Thanks, thats what I wanted to know, I think I can find some guys to help with the other stuff, but had to know if I could even do it that way. Thanks Again Tim2

Back