CaveProductions Portable Digital Recording

rpc9943

Check out my page, let me know what you guys think. I do recording in my bedroom at times but I also go to the artists location, in a quiet area, and it turns out pretty nice. Let me know thoughts :)

www.caveproductions.net

RonC

Oh okay, ummm... i do have pics, but i suppose those don't count for my "mixing room" which doubles as my bedroom ;) You think it should have some? Of what?

RonC

Looks like you're off to a good start. Got some clients (hopefully happy ones!!), got published rates, got some functional gear. Pretty soon, though, you'll get into the trouble we all seem to have around here, which is that as you develop your ear for mixing you will begin to realize that your bedroom environment is detracting from your mixes, then you'll get into this endless cycle of trying to make the perfect room for mixing (acoustic treatments, room layout, proper speaker placement, etc etc etc). Add to that gear lust and all those stinking product developers out there that just keep pouring out great new stuff that you just gotta have.......

Keep it up and have fun. The more you do the more you'll want to learn and hopefully the better your skills will get and the happier your clients will be, which will translate into better cashflow for new gear and a bigger room and.....

Cheers,
Darryl.....

Ah, just mentioning the pics. Examples would be pics during tracking. Perhaps your portable setup, etc.. It's just nice to see the work as it's being implemented.

I used to have pictures like that but everyone told me it didnt look "businesslike" enough... I had artists singing, guitars, I mean they looked neat, but it just didn't fit in well.

RonC

*If you are not satisfied with the mix, the producer will remix at no extra cost.*

Thats dangerous territory IMO. Why not just say you prefer to work with the client's input/supervision at various stages during the final mix? Thats how I work and quote freelance design work with clients. I lay out certain checkpoint dates where I go over my progress with them. It makes the client fee like he's more part of the process and has a say in the final outcome.

I never say I'll redo all my work free of charge because the client doesn't like it at the end. Thats just silly and doesn't say much about my abilities as a professional.

Another point - just providing an email for contact is a big red flag to me. At least give some kind of telephone #.

So you're from Rochester, eh? Where abouts? I went to RIT (got my degree in 2000) and live about 150 miles away now.

Whoa i went to RIT! ... needless to say, I like mixing on my own. Mostly because the client will nitpick too much. I'll take that part out thanks.

RonC

Back