Caught Up

Scrubucket7

A song i did on my own. I did the drums with 2 joe meek jm27s for O/H, superlux fk-2 on kick, and no snare mic (thats why its so back in the mix.) Guitars were done direct through digitech or something grunge pedal, bass direct into mixer. Vocals were a shure axs-3, on one take (just fucking around.) I recorded this before i got carpet in my house, so it was just cement floors, unfinished ceiling (otherwords, terrible sounding room)

My ideas: snare is way too back, bass is lacking definition, kick drum is nowhere, cymbals harsh (mainly because of the room)

I would remix it, but were just going to re-record it with the full band (as in our real drummer, bassist, and 2nd guitarist) Now that i have carpet, i just bought 2 new sm57's for the toms, and i bought a new marshall cab i can have some fun micing. (wow...i didnt realize i made so many purchases in the last month) Anyways, tell me what you think about the mix and the song.

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=4102

typing as I'm listening...
Well you start with a lot of noise and hum, I would at least cut that because it's harder to hear once the instruments kick in.
A lot of energy here, riff reminds me a bit of The Living End... guitar tone is pretty solid... vocals are too far back in the mix throughout. Would like to hear more of the lead later in the song around 2:20. Pretty tight and fun sounding tune, good luck with the rerecord ;)

Back