Cassette Tape Deck To Audio Interface? Or USB Adapter? Pro Tools 7...

thabeatnut

Hi, I currently have a small set up...I have a m audio fast track pro, and I was wondering if I have a stereo cassette tape deck, can I plug the rca's into my audio interface or do i need a usb archiver adapter to plug the rcas to a usb???? I have some cassettes i wanted to transfer as mp3's or wav files to my pro tools m powered 7...Can anyone please help me out on the setup or any ideas that would be useful?? Thanks, it is most appreciated...

Not sure about your maudio product. But I use the line in on my personal pc's soundcard to do vinyl and tape conversion using Audacity. Works fine. Ive never tried my studio pc/mixer/interface before. May have to give it a try. But if you have a line in or ins on your interface then you should be fine. Just make sure and set the gains properly on the input

Hi, I currently have a small set up...I have a m audio fast track pro, and I was wondering if I have a stereo cassette tape deck, can I plug the rca's into my audio interface or do i need a usb archiver adapter to plug the rcas to a usb???? I have some cassettes i wanted to transfer as mp3's or wav files to my pro tools m powered 7...Can anyone please help me out on the setup or any ideas that would be useful?? Thanks, it is most appreciated...

I have not used m audio interfaces yet but upon reading it's features you need to have a cable which is from RCA to 1/4" plug or you may use adaptors( from RCA-1/4" mono plug) . M audio fast track pro has 2 mic inputs so those two inputs will serve as your left and right channel since your casette tape deck has left and right channels as well. So your connection would be tape deck RCA out to >> mic input of your m-audio then usb out >>> to PC . in transferring you need to have DAW ( you can buy sonar,audition.. and lot more.... if you want an open source .. audacity is available for download and free.
after tapping all interfaces you start your daw and set up the I/O by selecting the m-audio. . then that's it you are ready to record, play your tape deck and arm your DAW to record the audio you played in the tape deck.
I have converted several tapes already using firewire mixer and Sonar as my DAW. it works okay just do some cleaning on the recorded audio to eliminate those hisss.. then use some plug ins to remaster it if neccessary then burn to cd.

Back