Cassette hiss

AcousticMan

I have a Tascam porta02 4 track cassette rig that has a little more hiss than I think it should. I have owned other 4 track rigs that were much quieter. I bought this one used so Im stuck as far as returning goes. other than the hiss it functions fine, as far as a low end rig can be expected to work. Any advice on limiting the hiss is welcomed. thank you, Barry

hey, i got a plug in for cool edit to get that old vinyl hiss/dust/mechanical/electrical noise and you're trying to get rid of it???? hahahahahahahahaha :D

i dont know what to do to get rid of the noise there ir the portastudio but what i did before was to send the line out of my tascam to theline in of my sound card and in cool edit use the noise reduction effect

:cool: The Tascam porta-01's, 02's are a little hissier than the bigger units, they were made to be low price point sellers and the electronics in them aren't as good as the more expensive units.......
All the 0's and 1's were simply to be note pads for ideas and not meant for decent productions.

da MUTT

I guess upgrading to a better recorder is the way to go. I prefer to work with cassette rigs for now, so I will look into a different rig. The 414mkll looks promising. Anyone have any experience with this model?

The 414 is a very nice unit.
It comes (as you know) with some pretty good features as far as portas go.
Its BIG Brother, the 424, is even better yet.
Have many hours experience with the both of them.
And after you experiment with them a while, you can turn out some decent stuff.

Best of Luck

Denver

Back