Cassette GOLD mine

Chilljam

transitional phase
A LOT of Blank Audio Tape Cassette x 111 TDK MAXELL BASF FUJI SONY and MORE | eBay

An absolute treasure chest of new unused BASF, TDK and Sony Metal, High bias and normal bias cassettes as well as NOS test tapes.

High bias cassettes seem to be getting more and more rare (and expensive) and to see such a large quantity of these high quality cassettes at such a reasonable price (roughly $3 a tape) and 15min from my house is quite a spectacle.

I've never seen such a large quantity of high-bias tapes like this for sale (in my area) and given the diminishing supplies of cassettes, will probably never see anything like this again.

As much as I would like to buy this, I'm sure I will never get around to using all these tapes as the portastudio is no longer my main recorder and is only really used for rough song 'sketches' at home.

Although the seller says he will post worldwide, this is more of an 'appreciation' post as I'm pretty sure the shipping costs would be too high to ship outside of Australia.

Pretty nice stash!

Includes 2 TDK test tapes, which would be pretty rare, useful and expensive.

All are high quality tapes of different varieties. Metal, Chrome, some Ferric I think.

$400 might be reasonable, if a little high, but shipping cost would be prohibitive.

Tapes are heavy.

Would be a nice score for the right user.

I have way, way more, but I'm not the average case.

:spank::eek:;)

Hey Dave. Found a bag of 60 brand new Maxell 60min Norm bias tapes at the Salvation Army the other day. Paid a whopping $4. OMG...almost broke me.:D Plus, people are getting rid of Cassette decks by the dozens here(not to mention CD/DVD players). Picked up a Teac, a Nakamichi, a Harmon Kardon and a great old Sony for $5 ea. And they STILL had three more. But my wallet was empty by that point.:facepalm:

Did i mention I LOVE cassettes.:D

Yeah man, that's cool!

I find lots of great stuff at GW and SA regularly. A lot of new tapes in wrapper, a lot of surplus gear. Being full up at the moment, I try to keep a lid on it for the time being, but I love all that old stuff. I go there regularly to browse. My personal situation doesn't allow me to grab a lot of stuff, but the deals are out there!

I'm finding little situations here and there to give stuff away, sometimes. Other stuff may eventually be sold off. Kind of slow progress on that at the moment. Not picking stuff up lately, except tapes which I'll grab at every opportunity. Bout a month ago I found a 414mkII for $25, could not resisit.

Your score was particularly good! Cool!

:spank::eek:;)

Back