Cassette build quality

iheartblondie

Please excuse me if this is a stupid question but does anybody know the preference over a tape that has been glued together verses one that has been screwed together? Does it matter? which one do you think would hold out longer over time?

I would ask this question over at Tapeheads.net but they still haven't approved my account yet. Thanks in advance!

So you're only here on our site because you can't yet get into the site where you really want to ask this question?

Ok... good luck with that!

And yes, I know the answer to your question. :)

Cassette shells with screws were always seen as a superior design because should the tape inside snap, stretch or break or if a corner got damaged from heat warp or any other peril, you could easily open up the case and repair the tape or transfer it over to an undamaged shell.

I suppose one could argue that in a perfect world, no tape would ever experience any issues like that and that the perma-sealed shell would then be superior because there'd be no chance of those pesky screws coming loose. But we're not in a perfect world, right?

Cheers! :)

And yes, I know the answer to your question. :)

You know, there is this website called Google where I can very easily look up this information and find a wide variety of answers, but seeing that I've been "stalking" this website for years (and I know most of the users on here have more personal experience in specific areas than I do) I figured that asking certain questions HERE would be more to my advantage than using a site like Google, or even Tapeheads sometimes.

Sorry that you're offended because I use other websites to ask for help. Stop being immature...oh wait, GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

Cassette shells with screws were always seen as a superior design because should the tape inside snap, stretch or break or if a corner got damaged from heat warp or any other peril, you could easily open up the case and repair the tape or transfer it over to an undamaged shell.

I suppose one could argue that in a perfect world, no tape would ever experience any issues like that and that the perma-sealed shell would then be superior because there'd be no chance of those pesky screws coming loose. But we're not in a perfect world, right?

Cheers! :)

Makes perfect sense, thank you!

You know, there is this website called Google where I can very easily look up this information and find a wide variety of answers, but seeing that I've been "stalking" this website for years (and I know most of the users on here have more personal experience in specific areas than I do) I figured that asking certain questions HERE would be more to my advantage than using a site like Google, or even Tapeheads sometimes.

Sorry that you're offended because I use other websites to ask for help. Stop being immature...oh wait, GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

Oh brother...

Back