Case for Zoom H4n

wcameron

I use an H4n for a variety of field recording. Has anyone found a good case that would allow you to carry the recorder with an xlr mic attached for field recording?

I use an H4n for a variety of field recording. Has anyone found a good case that would allow you to carry the recorder with an xlr mic attached for field recording?

Kind of I put mine in a 10x10 nylon camera case that has a shoulder strap.
Got it free at the "good used shed" at my towns transfer station (the dump).
Works real good!!!

That's perfect. At the same time, you'd think with an expensive mike like this, someone might design a nice leather case with a strap that would allow access to the external controls and inputs. Oh well dare to dream.

Design something really cool, then maybe someone will steal the idea, produce it, start selling it, then we'll all have one!!!

got one too

I bought one for doing film sound with my Superlux PRA 118L shotgun mic, and find that I have to just hold it in my hand facing me the whole time to see the levels. A case would have to leave a window to see those levels, it might be annoying having to look down and rotate the case to keep checking. Maybe have the zoom flat horizontal but facing up? Don't know why there isn't one available!! Lovely recorder though, I love it to bits..

You can find the case I designed specifically for the H4n at B&H Photo, search "Strut Cases STR-H4n"
I hope you like it and, please, send me any comments for improvements.

In stereo mode, the user has a wide choice of sound quality, with lower quality also taking much less room on the storage card. Only 44.1 kHz 16-bit recordings can be imported into 4-track mode. All stereo recordings share a single folder, and on playback are sequenced as one continuous output stream (no hesitation or pops between files). Stereo recording is done through the on-board mics or by external inputs. Each input port accepts 1/4 inch or XLR plugs. A single musician can record himself playing guitar or electronic piano, while singing.

Back