Case for computer

macros4

Has anyone heard of a rack case that can also hold a desktop PC :confused: - i plan on doing live recordings through PC but don't like the options for laptop and was hoping some sort of case existed with which i could put the PC and rack gear (etc.) all in one wheeled cart - has anyone heard of anything that might work
If not i might try to build something :eek:

Forgot to include

Its a full-tower (but i can stuff the components into something smaller if that doesn't work...)
Thanks

Except you don't want to have your CDROM drives mounted sideways. You could maybe get a large desktop case and put rack ears on it.

Slackmaster 2000

Actually...

Most CDROM drives have ears around the edge of the CD tray to help you use the drives sideways, but yes, it's still a pain in the arse with most such drives. I've seen a few that have extendable ears which were pretty flawless for assiting in vertical loading.

Depending on how stable you require the setup to be, you might get away with just adding a rack-shelf and lying your PC sideways in the rack. Some such shelves have raised edges even. Might be cheaper and easier than re-casing your PC, but it's also a bit bootleg.

-Shaz

one thing you want to make sure you look at is how "beefy" the case is if you go rackmount. I've built a few protools systems for friends and the cases they got are VERY sturdy....in a bad way....they weigh a ton and are a pain in the as$. Also they stick out much further than most rack mounted audio equipment.

Not all rack cases are that way but many are.

Back