Cascade M-1 mics any good?

GoneinUS

I am just wondering if anyone has had experience with Cascade M-1 small condenser mics. I was planning on getting Oktava MC012's, but I might be able to swing a pair of the M-1's for free with another purchase at Bayview. I was just wondering if anyone had heard how these sound and if they will work or not. Just trying to save some money and if they will work, at least for a while, that helps. However, if they are pretty bad, then, I will get the Oktavas. Other mics I have (or will be getting) for reference are a AT 4050, a MD421, a AKG D-112, and some SM57's and I will be running them through a Sytek MPX-4aii. It will be almost all live recording using a PC with an RME Multiface setup. Thanks.

I just got 2 of these and a VX20 for free too from an order at bayview. Haven't tried them yet, I'll let you know when I do (prolly sometime around this week). I don't have high hopes for them though.

Well, I have tried them and unfortunately still own them...they are perfect for testing a steamrollers efficency.

edit: Why do I have these? Came with my Audio-Technica 4047/SV, purchased from Bayview Audio. 4047 is excellent btw...

-nuff said

Jake

Back