Carvin M68 Mic ???

Ed Dixon

I have had very good experiences with Carvin amps and speakers. Any have experience with their M68 vocal mic?

Ed

I own two M68s and I don't think they're all that good a deal. Once I asked Carvin who made the mics and the answer was Nady.

Consider these as alternative. I've got their 57 copy and it's good. They've gotten good buzz here.

Last edited:
These mics will be for use in a church youth area for live music. The other parts of the church are currently using Audox OM2 mics. My experience is mostly with Shure SM58 mics.

Ed

Ed Dixon said:
These mics will be for use in a church youth area for live music. The other parts of the church are currently using Audox OM2 mics. My experience is mostly with Shure SM58 mics.

Ed

I used mine in church, too. They're OK, but I don't think they live up to the value that other Carvin equipment has.

Here's some chatter about the GSLs: https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=190279

And at $80 for three 58 clones, you can't go wrong.

apl said:
I own two M68s and I don't think they're all that good a deal. Once I asked Carvin who made the makes and the answer was Nady.

Consider these as alternative. I've got their 57 copy and it's good. They've gotten good buzz here.

Just quoting apl not recommending a Carvin product. :D

Ed Dixon said:
I got one of these GSL 58s today. It certaintly looks and feels solid. A quick test in a small home PA sounded very good. Will know more after a real test on Sunday at church.

Ed

How'd it go?

Three of us tested it at church. All three thought it spounds every bit as good as an SM58. A little hotter and slightly brighter. We ordered 10 for the youth.

Ed

Ed Dixon said:
Three of us tested it at church. All three thought it spounds every bit as good as an SM58. A little hotter and slightly brighter. We ordered 10 for the youth.

Ed

Are the mics holding up well?

Really great. Sound great and very solid. We've already had a couple dropped and they "keep on ticking".

Best $200 we ever spent.

Ed

Back