Carvin Bolt on Guitar kit

the edzell

How hard are these things to put together? Do they come with instructions.

I know there are some posters that have these so fill me in: what paints did you use? How long did it take you to put it together and can anyone do it?

if its anything like building my guitar from Saga it should be a snap to get it together and then its all just tweaking things out.

apl has one, and I have bought one not too long ago... The Carvin necks are extremely nice in particular.

But pertaining to the question.. I didn't color it, I used lacquer as finish to have a nice woodgrain finish.. I found them extremely easy to put together, and they do come with instrcutions and they are easily found at www.carvin.com

Check out www.carvin.com/bbs for more input..

I don't have a kit; I've got a DC135. The BBS is a great resource. If you ask, you'll get a bunch of people to post pix of their kits. Also, there are tons of options that aren't listed on the website. The tung oil finish is very easy to do, and you can stain a color underneath and have both color and grain, very nice. Or, if you know somebody who paints cars or something, you can have them do a laquer solid color.

Here's a review of someone's experience.

Back