cartridge for dx-7s

zook250

does anyone here have a factory ROM cartridge for a yamaha DX-7s that they would want to sell? i picked up a dx-7s and i have to reset all the factory patches.

thanks

Last edited:
Why bother with the cartdrige?

Do you not have a computer with MIDI interface? It would be easier to download the factory patches (which are freely available on the Internet) and dump them via SYSEX.

Also, posting your email address like that on a public forum is a sure way to welcome lots of SPAM into your Inbox.

thanks for the tip.

i play bass in three different bands , soon to be 4. i just want a simple cartrige to restore the original sounds as i dont have much time to play around with an old synth at the moment. i have not looked into the sysex and really have no idea on what the steps are to doing this. the dx-7s was kind of a wierd synth in between the original and the dx-7II models, there does not seem to be very much info on patches out there. the original patches are similar in ways of programming, but they are not the same.

Man, loading the original banks via sysex is actually EASIER that transferring patches from the cartridge to the internal banks :)

seriously, it's so easy with modern sequencers, it's a joke. All you need is a SAW, a capable sequencer, and a midi cable.

All modern DAWs allow you to dump sysex banks. all you do it set the channel on the DAW and the DX7, tset the DX7 to receive the dump, and press GO on the DAW. Really.

I do the equivalent with ALL my synths.

Now I do not have a DX7, so I don;t know the particulars, but a quick google search will yield a ton of sites that will have both the patch banks (plus scads more), and instructions on how to load them from the various daws. All for free.

You just can't beat that.

loading from
zook250 said:
thanks for the tip.

i play bass in three different bands , soon to be 4. i just want a simple cartrige to restore the original sounds as i dont have much time to play around with an old synth at the moment. i have not looked into the sysex and really have no idea on what the steps are to doing this. the dx-7s was kind of a wierd synth in between the original and the dx-7II models, there does not seem to be very much info on patches out there. the original patches are similar in ways of programming, but they are not the same.

Back