carbonscoring

carbonscoring

Need Help recording Vocals

My band will be recording in a studio this next week. My question, if any one can help, is in regards to Vocals and Back-up vocals. The person recording is not doing any production or pre-prodution with us so he dosent have alot of insight on how the music should sound. I have no doubt that he knows what he is doing however, i would like to have a little more control and know what he is doing and maybe make suggestions of my own. Is there like a template or basic way that vocals and back-up vocals should be mixed or more important say how much effects, reverb, chorus ect... should be added on the vocals and back up vocals? With the back up vocals how much should they be in the back ground, what are basic effects, and mixing we should look at. Are there any suggestions how my singer can record the back-up vocals. Does distance form the mic, should he amplify his pitch when singing a back up chourus line.

I play guitar and dont sing and have never really given much thought about this. My singer is a good singer but, is not that expernced and hasen't had any formal training.

I know alot of this is just a matter of opionion and how well it sounds to the rest of us in the band. But, if any one could shed some light on maybe their procedures of going about this task it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Back