Can't Stop Thinkin'

This had a real 70's feel, a little Neil Young'ish in parts. And I liked it. I can't comment too much with much wisdom on the mix but it sounded very professional to me. There were times when the backing vocals weren't quite in tune with the piano and bass, though. Not sure whether this is a tuning issue...

The piano lick reminded me of an Elvis Costello song ( I think it is - just the final note is different...) but I can't remember what the tracks called...:o

I liked this though - nicely delivered vocal too - rich and laid back.

intomusic

I really love this tune, and the back vocals sound great. Your slide playing is impeccable, as are all the guitars . Very nice mix overall. Besides the cymbals, even the drum machine sounds pretty good to me.

Great job, 7.

Haven't been around a lot lately cuz I've been so busy. I took Rami's advice and applied it to the background vox to see how it would come out. What do you think? Just a drum machine at this point but otherwise finished unless somebody has a suggestion. Appreciate all comments on the mix, vox, etc.

Thanks!

http://www.songramp.com/mod/mps/viewtrack.php?trackid=71340

Hey, sounds great.

I tend to agree with the previous comment about the drum machine--essentially it works just fine, aside from the ride/hi-hat which I think is a bit too high in the mix and as a consequence is a bit distracting.

But I'd imagine that's simple enough to correct (assuming you agree that is). Well done!

This had a real 70's feel, a little Neil Young'ish in parts. And I liked it. I can't comment too much with much wisdom on the mix but it sounded very professional to me. There were times when the backing vocals weren't quite in tune with the piano and bass, though. Not sure whether this is a tuning issue...

The piano lick reminded me of an Elvis Costello song ( I think it is - just the final note is different...) but I can't remember what the tracks called...:o

I liked this though - nicely delivered vocal too - rich and laid back.

intomusic
Thanks for the comments and the listen! The backing vocals issue is more of a running out of breath and hyperventilating issue than a tuning issue. :)

I really love this tune, and the back vocals sound great. Your slide playing is impeccable, as are all the guitars . Very nice mix overall. Besides the cymbals, even the drum machine sounds pretty good to me.

Great job, 7.
Thanks so much, Rami! Coming from you those words mean a lot to me! If it wasn't for your explanation about your own backing vocals, well, let's just say I couldn't have done it without ya!!!!!!

Hey, sounds great.

I tend to agree with the previous comment about the drum machine--essentially it works just fine, aside from the ride/hi-hat which I think is a bit too high in the mix and as a consequence is a bit distracting.

But I'd imagine that's simple enough to correct (assuming you agree that is). Well done!

Thanks Matt! I usually just use the drum machine for a click track but if they don't get replaced with real drums, maybe I could EQ the cymbals a tad to take the edge off.

Back