Can't stand George Carlin

Carlin was boundary pushing, topical, relevant, and funny in his era.

But since the times have changed, his jokes have kind of not aged well. Kind of like Eddie Murphy's gay jokes.

Fourth verse, nuthin' like the first... three...

Couple nights ago, I watched two back-to-back Dick Cavett interviews (several years apart) in which Carlin addresses his comedy's dry periods. When it just became not funny or relevant. Then, years later, he put together his "best of" and it became his best selling product - so people still had the appetite for it though it still was not PC in spots.

There are definitely a bunch of different eras of his comedy. The later HBO specials were much more complain-y and political, where as the earlier stuff was more silly.

Maybe it is generational or just that I hate everything you love, including George Carlin. Did I mention I hate broccoli? I felt you should know.

Carlin was ok.

Take back Eddie Murphy
Take back Joe Piscopoe

You remember the Amazing Johnathan? What happened to that guy? He was before Carrot Top stole his gig.

Carlin was ok.

Take back Eddie Murphy
Take back Joe Piscopoe

You remember the Amazing Johnathan? What happened to that guy? He was before Carrot Top stole his gig.
Amazing Johnathan passed away a few weeks ago. He had health problems that prevented him from working for about the last decade.

Amazing Johnathan passed away a few weeks ago. He had health problems that prevented him from working for about the last decade.
Its a shame. He was a fantastic entertainer. Clean comedy that is funny, is hard to find. RIP Amazing Johnathan, you made me laugh in the worst of times. Carrot Top totally stole your act.

Steven Wright was like that too. Funny you could watch with a family.

Carlin was ok, he was just dirty. Then became a crusty old man.

Back