Cant record guitar

TunaTheFish

Argh this problem is annoying now i hope someone can hepl me!
I have just installed a new sound card and external its a audigy platinum eX, and i cant record it in Cubase i dont know why. I have the line out from my pre amp plugged into the line in on the external device, but cubase doesnt recognize it. DO i need to change where cubase is recording the audio track from? On my old sound card i would simply plug the lead into the sound cards line in and cubase would recognize it but it desotn recognize it now i plug it into the external device

Have you gone to the windows volume control panel and made sure that the "line in" input is checked under "recording devices" ? If you can hear playback ok then I'll bet you have a problem there.

V.

yes all line in options etc are turned on but in cubase when i add an audio track it doesnt work because it doesnt pick up any sound!

YOu have to change the asio driver in the devices screen in cubase. It is still looking for your other card.

Also go to the speaker icon on the bottom right hand corner of the screen. right click/adjust audio properties/audio tab/ make sure your external card is the record device and playback device/ check the "use only preferred devices tab"/ apply and ok. In cubase make sure you are using the correct asio and make sure that those vst inputs are enabled.

Sorry i am not very good with cubase, i have only rcently bought it and do not understand how to change the ASIO e.tc. :S please help me!

Ok in the deive menu i have VST : inputs multitrack outputs and system link. changing the multitrack makes it pick up anything that my speakers are playing eg if im listening to a song and record audio in cubase it records the song but i sill cant get it to pickup my line in form the external device :confused:

OK I'm using VST5.01 Standard so I'm not positive about SX/SE/SL. If there is a "system" drop down menu in the menu bar, it should be under audio setup. The only other thing I can think of is, go to your speaker icon in the bottom right hand corner and double click. Check and make sure that your line input is not muted and make sure that all other optional record inputs ARE muted.

Go into device setup. Pick vst multitrack. That will give you the screen that lets you change the driver.

done that but none of the drivers pick up the line in, although 1 of the drivers does record anything being played through my speakers e.g. songs

Does your hardware come with it's own software.. like a virtual mixer? I own the Aardvark and I have to open up the virtual mixer program to mute/unmute input/outputs.. route devices etc. Maybe you have something like this.. maybe not.

What I really don't understand is why you would spend 150bucks on the audigy ex when you could've gotten an decent interface. that aside, go to the asio multimedia setup and make sure your external card is labelled active. If it isn't, make it so and move it to the top of the list. Check all the other settings again and try your input.

Back