Can't midi sync with swing feel.

midimark1

I'm trying to copy my seq. tracks from my Ensoniq TS-10 to cake...everything is fine until I try a song that has swing to it....like 8th note triplets. It just gets herky-jerky with the timing. I'm using Cake as the master clock. I set it to 96 clicks like the TS-10, but no luck. I can't call tech support because it's a ripped version of 9. I'll buy Sonar soon, but only if I can swing!

do the slide

first of all i ned a little more info like how are you trying to copy ?
via disk or midi cable

while transfering from my sequencer to cakewalk via midi cables I had to slide the whole projects about 4 ticks while set at 96 and everything would be fine then

my other question is what kind of problems do you have with 8th note triplets ?

do they go haywire or what ?

I'm trying to record each track from my board to Cake as an audio track. On the project options I set Midi start and stop on. The midi from Cake out to TS-10 in. Then the clock on the TS is set to midi. Then tempo on Cake is set to the same tempo as the TS and press record on Cake and away we go.The tracks line up great until I try to do a song with a shuffle feel...then it slows down then speeds up. It just dosn't like to swing.

Mark

wow

I'm still baffled with your problem.

working on it.

have you tried Options/Audio/Advanced Synchronization ?

I can't say that I've tried it but at this point you should try almost everything.

also it may help if you drop cakewalk.com tech support a line.

wari.

Back