can't make a decent recording,noise,pops

assin

I have been at trying to make recordings for months now I get the sons to burn or rip but when I put it in my portable cd player I,hear noisesI,have a 2700amd /120 harddrive/lite-on 52/32/52 cd burner /soundblaster (ls)5.1 sound card I,use easy creator and nero what I,am I doing wrong I,can't make one clean recording......please help

assuming your songs are good on the drive..... are you dithered down to one stereo track at 16 bit, burning in the right format, not using CDRW's ?

I would replace the soundcard. Get yourself an Echo Mia or an M-Audio card. I've heard a lot of people have problems with Soundblaster cards.

assin,
Are you talking about recording music as in instruments played by you or others .... or are you just having troubles making copies of CD's?
If it is copying CD's problem .... you may want to post in a computer hardware section, as most of the members here are musicians that are creating music (recording) not simply just rip/burn CD's.

What speed are you burning at? If you are trying to burn audio at 52x, that could be your problem. Try slowing your burner down to around 12x or less and see if that helps.

Good luck!

assin said:
I have been at trying to make recordings for months now I get the sons to burn or rip but when I put it in my portable cd player I,hear noises

I always find this issue intriguing.

It’s clear you can’t expect a miracle signal separation on general SB mic input.

You can though get decent signal quality with general line-in input, provided quality of that input is not overly compromised.

As OS alone over the time creates garbage and even if the nature of your installing new OS is not due to new hardware, we all know here only time will tell when nothing but fresh install new OS would remedy many problematic things.

This one is clearly associated with time.

I remember many times perfect (as SB can be) signal integrity with tolerable hiss or in some cases no hiss at all (very optimistic, considering internal location) over the time gets more and more noisy.

In fact, when things progress > almost as if some kind of filter is applied to sound with residential noise.

Only remedy to this is (if you are lucky) to uninstalll your SB drivers and remove card completely.

Boot OS and verify no traces of this drivers and hardware exists, then install all over again.

But most of the time only fresh new system will again create stable noise free environment for your SB.

Tried and tested.

troube makeing copys of songs from cd

I,am working on just one song at a time and all I get is noise ..the original songs sound good thru the speakers but when I burn the song to cd all kind of noise is in the recorded song I,ve tried every thing(may be I,need to up the mixture of girls)..............assin

Try explaining exactly what you are doing .....

Where are the songs coming from?

How are you getting the songs on your computer?

Is the CD burner on the same IDE channel as the hard drive that you have the songs on? (if it is .... I would suggest putting it on the secondary IDE channel with the jumper set to MASTER)

What software are you using to record the songs to CD?

-Ken

noises

anthony thanks for your help as you see I dont know what I,am doing....I,know about the 60cycle hum now I,am just trying to record one song from a music (CD)if I,can do this maybe I can go futher any suggestions will be taken very seriously

assin said:
anthony thanks for your help as you see I dont know what I,am doing....I,know about the 60cycle hum now I,am just trying to record one song from a music (CD)if I,can do this maybe I can go futher any suggestions will be taken very seriously

Well, one thing is very indicative if residential noise is from present system/driver mess combination.

Take any quality hi-fi source, CD/DVD, FM tuner if you will (provided with decent signal) and connect to your Sound Baster’s > I N <

Now, also prepare some recorded file wav or any other file -make it available.

What do you hear from IN's, is the signal OK? (should be as best as SB can deliver)

Now play prepared (old) wav and listen is it noisy as hell , as you mentioned earlier?

Now record this present input sound and play back this new recorded sound. Is this one also noisy or not?

If so, then it is a driver/setup related, behave as I have recommended in the first post.

If your sound is both as monitor , playback and recorded clean and without noise then this is in nowhere related to deficiency of your sound but CD recorder alone.

Borrow from your friend other CDRW or DVDR drive and reassure your self with this.

In either way, this problems requires patience and deductive logical way of reducing components to zero
and then adding one by one to see when the nature of
this problem presents its potential cause.

Back