Cannot get sound from cakewalk 8

Deevoh

I just installed cakewalk 8 and i'm getting sound from the computer but not from the program... i'm still new to home recording and brand new to cakewalk i've tried a few things but still not working... any help would be much appreciated

:confused:

What sound card / audio interface do you have?
What are your settings in audio settings? What drivers are you using?

i'm using sigtmatel audio and have installed the high def condec but every time i open the program it says it doesnt support it... is there a way of troubleshooting or getting somthing else.. i'm using a dell inspirion 6400 and i noticed other ppl have had the same problem. but they've resolved the issue by just installing the driver off of the website i cant seem to remedy this situation :( like i said im brand new to home recording so bare with me if i seem a little non educated with some of the set up.

I have a Sigmatel on my laptop that has issues with Sonar as well...

Are you using ASIO or WDM drivers?

Make sure you're using the latest Sonar patches as well. As a registered user you can get them for free from the Cakewalk support pages.

You should go to the Cakewalk forums...the dudes over there will fall off their chairs and bend over backwards to help you. You mean Sonar 8 right?

Try Cakewalk Audio Finder then check your Audio Settings:

Attachments

• MME.JPG
    MME.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 29
Back