Can you use musltiple USB recording interfaces simultaneously on the same computer?

musicmachine

I believe there is a thread here somewhere about using more than one USB recording interface at the same time but I can't seem to find it. Anybody seen it or know the answer?

On mac you can use two interfaces of any kind together.
I imagine there are exceptions, but yeah, that's how it works.

On pc you're driver dependent. Many manufacturers let you daisy chain or use multiple interfaces of the same model or brand.
Maudio delta, terratec ews88mt, phase 88, possibly firepod?

If it's windows you'd just have to research the specific device.

On mac you can use two interfaces of any kind together.
I imagine there are exceptions, but yeah, that's how it works.
Actually my question should be can you record using both interfaces at the same time. Say you have (2) two channel interfaces. Would you be able to record using all 4 channels? Sorry but I can't actually test it on my gear until tomorrow.

Actually my question should be can you record using both interfaces at the same time. Say you have (2) two channel interfaces. Would you be able to record using all 4 channels? Sorry but I can't actually test it on my gear until tomorrow.

Yes, you can do this on your macbook.

All you have to do is go into utilities (shift-apple-U in finder), Audio/Midi setup.

Create a new device by clicking the little plus sign. It'll be called aggregate device.

Now click on it, and select your two interfaces with the check boxes.

The aggregate is a virtual interface that encapsulates your two real interfaces.

Finally, in your audio recording software, select aggregate device as your hardware.
You might have to setup your default outputs again, but see how you go.

Yes, you can do this on your macbook.

All you have to do is go into utilities (shift-apple-U in finder), Audio/Midi setup.

Create a new device by clicking the little plus sign. It'll be called aggregate device.

Now click on it, and select your two interfaces with the check boxes.

The aggregate is a virtual interface that encapsulates your two real interfaces.

Finally, in your audio recording software, select aggregate device as your hardware.
You might have to setup your default outputs again, but see how you go.

I don't believe this will work my mac doesn't recognize my tascam us 1800 under the aggregated devices. I tried this a while back.

Back