Can you playback at varying speed?

WzRd

Hello All,

I have used Sonar 4 producer for a while - and have recently purchased Sonar 5 (again Producer version).

Is there a way to play a recorded passage back at slower speeds?

I want to learn a guitar passage and would like to record it (from an Audio CD) and then play it back somewhat slower and repeat that until I have it mastered (at least to the best of my ability - it is a complicated Clapton piece).

I have been using Sonar to mix my recorded material from my HD 24, and have never tried this.

Would appreciate any help

Thanks

"A complicated Clapton piece"

LOL

No, I don't think Sonar can do what you're asking in the way you'd like. Yes you can slow down a piece of audio, but it will not retain it's tuning standard. You can also create loops that can be stretched, but the best software I have used is on the Roni Music site www.ronimusic.com/

I had a Sound Forge Demo that had unlimited time that I used for this purpose. I've since uninstalled it, but try that.

Jason

mikemorgan said:
Yes you can slow down a piece of audio, but it will not retain it's tuning standard.

Bollocks.

- Right mouse click an audio clip.
- Goto PROCESS EFFECT - AUDIO - CAKEWALK - TIME/PITCH STRETCH2
- If you don't change the Y-axis you can change timing on the X-axis

Ciao,

Q.

I THINK Audacity can do that. Somewhere in the recesses of my memory I seem to recall doing that on one of the 2 occassions I've used Audacity.
Cheers
rayC

Back