Can you make melody on tha mpc?

MPC2000/1000 vs. MOTIF 6... Depends on your work style I guess but I'd personally say MOTIF all day...

If you are talking about the MOTIF ES vs. MPC then you must not know the stats on that piece. MOTIF ES shit is hella, hella nice.....

Since you already picked up the MOTIF....

Grab a Akai MPD 16.

It is the pads of the MPC.

You can use the MPD to trigger the samples.

You can use a program like Native Instruments BATTERY.

trax said:
I just got a motif 6 today.I wanna know if I can hook up a usb zip drive too it? :confused: :confused: :confused:

If I remember correctly, no. To save samples & sequences you gotta go smart media card or scsi hard drive or burner. Even if you can use the USB port to run to a usb zip drive, to say transfers would be hella slow is an understatement.

What you can surely & reasonably use usb for is to communicate with your computer - think sequencing with software vs. the Motif's internal sequencer.

Check your manual, it's all in there (well most shit is).
Check here, too:
http:www.motifator.com
and read all info you can stand in the "Behind The Manual," particularly the power user docs on sampling, resampling, etc...

good luck.

diendolo

Oh yeah,

and if you just gotta have pads to bang on with your fingers, Spin's advice is dead-up perfect re: the MPD 16. Native Instruments' Battery is optional...

diendolo

Back