Can You Hear It On Your Set Of Speakers?

Pykon

Hi Folks!

Today's patient's name is "Echo" and you can reach him here:

http://www.myspace.com/fiksumdyrdum

The player starts automatically when the page is loaded, skip two tracks forward and you'll be there.

And here is the problem:

When I play this track on a fine audio system it sounds quite OK. But if I put it into some cheaper player/speakers/stereo sets, which I use extensively as reference, then the second, "rocky" part starts to sound muddy.

My request: please try listening to it on your speaker set and tell me if you can hear thhis muddy mess which I beliefe sits somewhere between bass line and flanger guitar's low end. On my set of speakers I use for mixing it sounds OK, so if all of you tell me there's nothing wrong when it plays on yours I'll leave the track as it is.

Stronger hi-passing the flanger guitar line helps to eliminete muddy efffect on some stereos, but also kills significaltly flanger's effect.

PS. There are two doubled guitar tracks (each of them recorded in a real world), so you have a lot of resonances and harmonics fighting each other.

Maybe you can hear something that I can't and help me to improve the mix.

all the best,

mike

The mspace player isn't going to help the analysis, diagnosis and prescription.
Post a decent MP3 to download (& that's bad enough really) or at worst use something a little better than mspace like soundclick so there are streaming quality options - then I might give it a whirl.

The mspace player isn't going to help the analysis, diagnosis and prescription.
Post a decent MP3 to download (& that's bad enough really) or at worst use something a little better than mspace like soundclick so there are streaming quality options - then I might give it a whirl.

Well...

That's not standard MP3 MySpace player and files are of 224-320 kbps.

It really is a DECENT MP3, isn't it?

Have you at least tried to listen to it?

:-)

mike

Back