Can you export track by track in Cubase SX?

Scrubucket7

I want to do my multitracking in cubase and edit in acid pro, but i dont want to export each track individually. Is there anyways to export each track by itself at once? Without having to solo the track and export it, then do the same for the next?

That >is< how you do it.... solo each one and mixdown.

A standard was adopted some years ago by the audio & video community called OMF (Open Media Format) that allows tracks/data to be moved from one program to the next. If BOTH your programs (and it depends on the versions too) read/write to that format, you can trade projects via OMF. You will have to check your programs....

you can select any program on your computer to be your wave editor in cubase. It'll open the track you double click on in the specified program. Beware that you throw away all chance of UNDO using this method

TimOBrien said:
That >is< how you do it.... solo each one and mixdown.
Not necessary whatsoever. There is an easier way. In the Export Mixdown dialog simply select the output channel. You can select individual audio channels, group channels, FX channels, VSTi outputs, or any of the interfaces physical outputs. It's set to the main stereo output by default, but you can change it using the drop down menu on the lower left hand half. it's the second drop down menu, I think it's called "Output Channel", or something like that. I'm not at the music computer right now to verify, but if you look at it, it's easy to spot.

Scrubucket7 said:
Is there anyways to export each track by itself at once? Without having to solo the track and export it, then do the same for the next?
Yes, see above post. If you do this often, I believe you can also create a macro to step through each output, but for this you'll need to look at the "Help" menu, which I've said this before and I'll say again, is extremely comprehensive. There is yet a question I have to ask that I haven't gotten an answer from the help menu.

Back