Can you be more specific when it comes to panning?

badgerer

Hi,

All I can see is that you pan by dragging a line up or down (corresponding left or right) on whatever track you are panning. A numerical (ideally percentage) interface would be nice, so you can tell n-track to pan one track 50% right and another 50% left - for exact balance. I don't think this is in n-track - is it? I am on version 3.19.

Thanks!

Can't tell you about version 3.19 but in 3.3 and later you adjust pan via a slider that is oriented horizontally just under the track fader, in the mixer view or pop out channel strip. And, yes, it shows a numeric percentage value as well.

-Edit- I think you must be referring to drawing Pan envelopes on the track itself. In that case, I'm not of much help as I've not had the need to mess with automating panning of single tracks.

crankz1 said:
Can't tell you about version 3.19 but in 3.3 and later you adjust pan via a slider that is oriented horizontally just under the track fader, in the mixer view or pop out channel strip. And, yes, it shows a numeric percentage value as well.

-Edit- I think you must be referring to drawing Pan envelopes on the track itself. In that case, I'm not of much help as I've not had the need to mess with automating panning of single tracks.

So that adjusting you were talkin about initially, if that was not on the track itself what was it on? i'm not sure what you mean by automatic panning of single tracks either...i don't do any automatic panning? Sorry i'm a little confused...thanks

It's done to the track (mono track) in the mixer channel strip for said track.

Attachments

• Pan.jpg
    Pan.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 32
Back