Can we learn from this?

hey dafduc,

That was extremely interesting reading. It gave me a mini education in what to look for on a cover.

I hope that it comes in handy when I am trying to design the cover for "wildcard status"

Thanks for posting the link

Interesting

I missed your point about them being book covers and assumed they were CDs to start with. The 'winner' didn't seem too bad as a CD cover, I've seen far worse than that, but for a book cover...maybe bad yes.

Course they are different animals entirely. For example you don't usually put a prominent pic of the Author on the front cover of a book (maybe a small one on the inside dust jacket), whereas you often want a prominent picture of a band on a CD. The artwork on a book usualy tries to give a flavour of what the story is about, whereas on a CD its more about the artists and the overall 'feel' of the album/genre, so for example you might use a Picasso style painting on the cover of an Indie album, but not on a Country album. You might use a pic of a leather clad girl with massive lady-bumps on a heavy metal album cover, but not on a folk music cover (sweeping generalisations, but you get my drift).

Still, food for thought.

Hey, why doesn't someone start up a crap album/CD cover site, gives us all hope of recognition!

Back