Can this be fixed, or...?

overseas

I have a ton of cassettes with jam sessions I did with a drummer friend back in the early 80s, and they've held up pretty well. As soon as I get the proper interface for my laptop, I'll be transferring all of them to digital.

A couple of these tapes, however, were accidentally recorded with a delay - probably a built-in feature of whatever mixing board we were using - and were recorded in mono. There's a delay applied to everything; when the drummer hits his snare, you hear "smack-smack" (in about the amount of time it takes to read those two words). Is there ANY trick that you know of that would somehow allow me to remove or cancel out the delay effect? I'm thinking there isn't, but it's worth a try.

Bruce in Korea

I doubt it. Not without taking a lot of everything else out with it.

Once it's printed it's on there.

I guess you could try one of those computer music editors. Sounds like it would be a long session.

overseas said:
....Is there ANY trick that you know of that would somehow allow me to remove or cancel out the delay effect? ....

Nope, sorry. You won't be able to remove the delay. :(

it's too bad that you've got that delay, because i have done the same thing (analog to digital) and it actually sounds pretty good..........for one track i actually did drum in bass in analogue and the rest in digital

Back