Can they all just get along?

Brad

Hey, hoping somebody can tell me if Cubase SL can peacefully coexist on a PC running WinXP with Sonic Foundry products (Acid, Sound Forge, Vegas) and Cakewalk products (Sonar 2, Fruity Loops) installed?

I have VST 5, and it had fits when I upgraded to XP, so I removed it. Actually, I had it up for awhile, but had to go in and make radical soundcard adjustments when switching from Cubase to the other programs. Well, VST 5 had no Win XP support, so some of the problem came from that.

My soundcard is ASIO compliant, but I don't think I should have to go into the card's control panel and muck it all up every time I run a different program. Or is that the way it is?

So, there is a nice web special price of $99 to upgrade to Cubase SL, which I know is supported for XP - but will I still have the same ASIO driver issue where I have to switch settings in order to use Cubase, and then switch back when I want to use Sound Forge or Sonar, etc. ?

Thanks to anyone willing to help!

Brad

I run Cubase SX and Soundfogre 6.0 and they run great together.

Once I set the original settings for my soundcard I havn't had to touch a thing for either program.

Don't use Sonar so I can't give you any info on it.

Back