Can someone recommend me a firewire card?

JustinAiken

I have an Audiophile USB right now, and it's not working out very well, so I think I'm going to sell it. Now I'm looking at these choices (trying to stay around $150). I all want to do is record one track at a time in Cubase, but I want to be able to hear the other tracks and what I'm playing at the moment.

Audiophile Firewire
PRESONUS FIREBOX FIREWIRE RECORDING SYSTEM
Audiophile Firewire 4 in 6 out interface

Can anyone give me advice on these, or recommend a different one (it just has to be firewire, and have 1 midi in port so I can plug my keyboard in.)

Well, from the information you've given, the "Audiophile Firewire" and the "Audiophile Firewire 4-in/6-out interface" is the same thing--at least according to www.m-audio.com.

Why isn't the Audiophile USB working out? The Audiophile Firewire and Audiophile USB are practically the same thing... just a different interface.

I would say get the PreSonus Firebox. However, the PreSonus Firebox may be out of your price range.

how about the PreSonus inspire deal they have with firewire and two or four inputs for $200?

i have the firepod so i am pretty happy with PreSonus gear.

I bought the inspire about a month ago .it was a step up from my VS880.plus it put me in the computer world.its four channel but it only has two pre amps
the channels 3/4 are Rca but it does have a cool little deal where you can
plug in old tape machines or phono but no digi.out owell its good set up
comes with sony acid and some samples, but i cant seem to get my midi
working all in all its a great little package for the price .they also have
real good customer service, im pretty happy with it .Id buy it again
and who knows i might buy another because you can link them together

Back